Hands

Hands
Psalm 103:13-14:"As a father shows compassion to his children, so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear him. For he knows our frame; he remembers that we are dust."

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

And Here We Are Again

    God gave me a brain. Thank you, God, for my brain. But can I ask you something, Lord? Can you fix this button up there in my amygdala? It's stuck. This cartoonish red button is stuck in the on position twenty four hours a day.
    Y'all, my panic button is never not pressed. The problem is that I try. I try so hard all the time. I think: If I don't always have this button pressed, everything just won't work.
    How ridiculous!  This is my flesh talking, of course, because I am not the one connecting mystical wires in the universe so that water weaves among rocks in the rapid and so that food fills the grocery stores.
    The Lord has been so gracious with me, though. He is teaching me about trust yet again. This is my 500th trust lesson, but he never gives up on me.
    In Romans 15:13, it says: "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
    As Christians, we must trust our creator as we go about our days.

No comments :

Post a Comment